Re: SHA-1 vs MD5

From: "Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha" <ezequias(dot)rocha(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Chad Wagner" <chad(dot)wagner(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SHA-1 vs MD5
Date: 2007-03-09 12:34:59
Lists: pgsql-sql

Thank you so much for your information. I installed the pgCrypto. Now I have
more than 40 functions (i believe all are from pgcrypto) but when I try to
run your query:

select encode(digest('blahblah', 'sha256'), 'hex');

I got the error:

ERROR: Cannot use "sha256": No such hash algorithm
SQL state: 22023

Any suggestion

Ezequias

--