Re: Add test module for Custom WAL Resource Manager feature

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add test module for Custom WAL Resource Manager feature
Date: 2022-11-11 23:10:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2022-11-11 at 17:01 +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Inspired by recent commits 9fcdf2c, e813e0e and many small test
> modules/extensions under src/test/modules, I would like to propose
> one
> such test module for Custom WAL Resource Manager feature introduced
> by
> commit 5c279a6. It not only covers the code a bit, but it also
> demonstrates usage of the feature.
>
> I'm attaching a patch herewith. Thoughts?

Good idea. Can we take it a little further to exercise the decoding
path, as well?

For instance, we can do something like a previous proposal[1], except
it can now be done as an extension. If it's useful, we could even put
it in contrib with a real RMGR ID.

Though I'm also fine just adding a test module to start with.

Regards,
Jeff Davis

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20ee0b0ae6958804a88fe9580157587720faf664.camel@j-davis.com