pg_stat_statements query jumbling question

From: Satoshi Nagayasu <snaga(at)uptime(dot)jp>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: pg_stat_statements query jumbling question
Date: 2015-09-01 03:32:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I have a question on jumbling queries in pg_stat_statements.

I found that JumbleRangeTable() uses relation oid in
RangeTblEntry.

Obviously, this would result different queryid when the table
gets re-created (dropped and created).

Why don't we use relation name (with looking up the catalog)
on query jumbling? For performance reason?

Regards,
--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <snaga(at)uptime(dot)jp>