Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2

From: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)BlueTreble(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Beena Emerson <memissemerson(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2
Date: 2015-08-28 01:42:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 8/4/15 9:18 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> >And using a new file with multi line support would be good.
> This file just contains a JSON blob, hence we just need to fetch its
> content entirely and then let the server parse it using the existing
> facilities.

It sounds like there's other places where multiline GUCs would be
useful, so I think we should just support that instead of creating
something that only works for SR configuration.

I also don't see the problem with supporting multi-line GUCs that are
wrapped in quotes. Yes, you miss a quote and things blow up, but so
what? Anyone that's done any amount of programming has faced that
problem. Heck, if we wanted to be fancy we could watch for the first
line that could have been another GUC and stick that in a hint.