Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context

From: Marko Tiikkaja <marko(at)joh(dot)to>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
Cc: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context
Date: 2015-08-12 09:07:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 8/12/15 9:36 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> So, there is common agreement on this version.

There are several instances of double semicolons. Also,
PsqlSettings.show_context doesn't look like a boolean to me. For
SHOW_CONTEXT, it would be good if the documentation mentioned the
default value.

I'm somewhat worried that this is hiding important context from some
NOTICE or WARNING messages intended for novice users, but probably not
worried enough to go through all of them. +3/8 from me, I guess.

.m