TODO: replica information functions

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: TODO: replica information functions
Date: 2015-07-28 18:35:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hackers,

Since merging recovery.conf with postgresql.conf is apparently off the
table indefinitely, we could really use some additional information
functions which work on the replica. Here's my list of what I need for
failover automation:

pg_standby_is_streaming()
returns true if the standby is configured for streaming and
is currently connected with the master.
returns false if the connection to the master is broken,
of if there is no primary_conninfo

pg_standby_conninfo()
returns connection string to master. Superuser-only for
previously discussed reasons

pg_recovery_config(config_item TEXT)
returns the specified configuration item from recovery.conf
superuser-only?

Does this make sense? Is there other information we need?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.