Re: 9.6 First Commitfest Begins

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 9.6 First Commitfest Begins
Date: 2015-07-17 18:54:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The third week of the July commitfest is now past us. There are 35
patches left in Needs Review state. Progress has slowed somewhat, which
is understandable, as the trivial patches often get weeded out first.
But we need to make progress on the bigger patches too to complete this.

If you see a feature you like, or don't like, in the commitfest, please
take a moment to read the patch and comment on it. If you can do
testing, that is very welcome too; just pick a patch, compile it, and do
exotic things with it to see if you can break it.

If you have signed up as Reviewer, please go ahead with the do the
review you intend to do as soon as possible. Please also feel free to
just review a patch without putting your name in, drive-by reviews are
welcome.

> The first week of the July commitfest has passed. A lot of progress has
> been made, but there's still a lot to do. There are still 53 patches in
> Needs Review state.
>
> Please pick a patch, and review it. Any patch. Don't be afraid of
> reviewing a patch that someone else has signed up for.
>
> If you have submitted a patch for review, please consider also reviewing
> someone else's patch. If no-one has signed up to review your patch, you
> can ask someone who you think would be a good reviewer to do so. He
> might say no, but you've got nothing to lose.

- Heikki