Re: Installing tsearch

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jon Hassen <jhassen(at)azstarnet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installing tsearch
Date: 2002-03-12 23:40:09
Lists: pgsql-novice

Jon Hassen <jhassen(at)azstarnet(dot)com> writes:
> No, I didn't. Which configure? For postgresql? or for flex? tsearch does
> not have a configure that I can find.

Postgres' top-level configure was what I meant. All the contrib modules
rely on that.

> I sure wish I had more directions than:
> gmake
> gmake install

Uh, how about

cd ...top level directory of Postgres source tree...
./configure
cd contrib/tsearch
gmake
gmake install

This assumes that tsearch doesn't expect to be built in a tree that has
the main PG software already built; which is a case I've never tried
myself. If it doesn't seem to work, try a gmake at the top level before
gmake in contrib/tsearch.