9.5 branching?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-translators(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 9.5 branching?
Date: 2015-07-01 01:07:34
Lists: pgsql-translators

The postgresql repository has branched of the REL9_5_STABLE branch. For
the time being, the "9.5" branch in the messages repository is still master.

I was wondering, would it be easier if we also branched off
REL9_5_STABLE in messages right now?

We could just ignore the master branch for now and later on fork it off
REL9_5_STABLE (instead of the other way around, which is what we'd
usually do).

(We could also blow away the master branch altogether and recreate it
later, but I don't know what that would do to new checkouts in the
meantime, because we don't have access to set the default branch on the
git.postgresql.org hosting.)