psql error: could not connect to server

From: bartvde(at)xs4all(dot)nl
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql error: could not connect to server
Date: 2004-01-09 21:35:00
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi list,

I just downloaded the source from PostgreSQL 7.4.1 and installed it on Red
Hat 9. Install was succesfull. After this I installed PostGIS 0.8.0.

To test the PostGIS install I need the perform the following command:

createlang plpgsql postgistest

But on performing this I get the following error:

psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
createlang: external error

Anybody have an idea what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Bart