Re: git push hook to check for outdated timestamps

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: git push hook to check for outdated timestamps
Date: 2015-06-26 20:11:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 6/25/15 8:08 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> Because I don't want to have to do git log --format=fuller to see when
> the thing was committed, basically.

Then I suggest to you the following configuration settings:

[format]
pretty=cmedium
[pretty]
cmedium="format:%C(auto,yellow)commit %H%C(reset)%nCommit: %cn <%ce>%nCommitDate: %cd%n%n%w(80,4,4)%B"

> I don't particularly think that having separate AuthorDate and
> CommitterDate fields has any value. At least, it doesn't to me. But
> a linear-looking commit history does have value to me. Someone else
> might have different priorities; those are mine.

Sure, that's why Git is configurable to particular preferences. But we
don't have to force everyone to use Git in a nonstandard way.