XA Support for Postgres

From: Håkan Jacobsson <hakan(dot)jacobsson(at)relevanttraffic(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: XA Support for Postgres
Date: 2008-01-07 09:22:25
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I've posted earlier about this. I had problems connecting to the two postgresql databases our company system uses when migrating to JBoss 4.2.2.GA .
Lots of exceptions about 'Generic JDBC connection can not be created' (something like that).
I got a solution from a guy here at the mailing list. By using a JBoss database configuration file (postgres-ds.xml) with 'XA-support' we got rid of the exceptions.
I've tried to search google to understand what this 'XA-support' really does, but I haven't found that much (other than an old thread 'XA-support for Postgres) dating back to 2005.
Can someone point me to some good documentation for the XA-support for Postgres?

Håkan Jacobsson - System Developer

RELEVANT TRAFFIC EUROPE AB, Riddarg 17D, SE-114 57 Sthlm, Sweden

Mobile (+46) 736 56 97 58
Direct (+46) 8 56 24 98 05
Phone to office (+46) 8 678 97 50 || Fax (+46) 8 661 19 22