Re: Beta 2 start problem on OS X

From: Jyrki Wahlstedt <jyrki(dot)wahlstedt(at)hut(dot)fi>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Beta 2 start problem on OS X
Date: 2007-07-31 12:09:34
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On 31.7.2007, at 10.39, Dave Page wrote:

> Jyrki Wahlstedt wrote:
>
>>> What configure option were used for wxWidgets, PostgreSQL and
>>> pgAdmin?
>>> What version of each were used exactly?
>> This is easy, though longish (all configure options are defined in
>> MacPorts Portfiles):
>> wxWidgets: 2.8.4
>> configured with --mandir=${prefix}/share/man \
>> --with-libiconv-prefix=${prefix} \
>> --with-libjpeg \
>> --with-libtiff \
>> --with-libpng \
>> --with-zlib \
>> --with-sdl \
>> --with-opengl \
>> --with-mac \
>> --disable-sdltest \
>> --enable-unicode \
>> --enable-display \
>> --enable-monolithic
>
> We don't test or recommend --enable-monolithic - although it /
> should/ work in theory, it might be causing problems.
>
> Regards, Dave.

I must admit I'm at loss at the moment. I built myself a modified
version of wxWidgets with separate libraries, but that did not help,
the report just shows another library :-( For the record, I then
built 1.6.3 with exactly the same dependencies, and had no problem
with that (worked with monolithic library, too) :-S
At first I wondered a bit the extra libraries I had in bundle's
Frameworks compared to prebuilt image, but they come as wxWidgets'
dependencies, I'd guess.

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
! http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0 A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386