Re: Re[2]: bool_plperl transform

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Wao <wao(at)mail(dot)ru>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re[2]: bool_plperl transform
Date: 2020-03-01 21:13:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

=?UTF-8?B?V2Fv?= <wao(at)mail(dot)ru> writes:
> Please find the full patch attached.

The cfbot shows this failing to build on Windows:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/build/1.0.81889

I believe that's a build without plperl, so what it's probably telling
you is that Mkvcbuild.pm needs to be taught to build this module
conditionally, as it already does for hstore_plperl and jsonb_plperl.

Also, while the Linux build is passing, I can't find that it is actually
compiling or testing bool_plperl anywhere:

https://travis-ci.org/postgresql-cfbot/postgresql/builds/656909114

This is likely because you didn't add it to contrib/Makefile.

In general, I'd suggest grepping for references to hstore_plperl
or jsonb_plperl, and making sure that bool_plperl gets added where
appropriate.

I rather imagine you need a .gitignore file, as well.

You're also going to have to provide some documentation, because
I don't see any in the patch.