Re: Upgrade to PGSQL 8.2 Problem

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com, Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgrade to PGSQL 8.2 Problem
Date: 2006-12-14 20:27:33
Lists: pgsql-novice

> Sean, i agree. that is my confusion. alright. i'll
> try it tomorrow. i'll follow Richard's advice and do
> the user and password options. hopefully, all goes
> well.

I am currently working on a dos .bat file that will create dumpfiles. In my case I want to add
the system date to the dump files name so that any older dumpfiles do not get overwritten. Once
my script is finished I plan to called it from the windows scheduler to preform a backup once a
day.

If you are interested I will post it once I am finished. However, be warned that my dos/bat
scripting skills are very weak so don't expect an elegant solution. :-)

This is the closest solution to the shell script and cron job that I can get with default windows.

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.