Re: hstore_plpython regression test does not work on Python 3

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Oskari Saarenmaa <os(at)ohmu(dot)fi>, Christian Ullrich <chris(at)chrullrich(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: hstore_plpython regression test does not work on Python 3
Date: 2015-05-29 00:12:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 5/26/15 5:19 PM, Oskari Saarenmaa wrote:
>> [1] http://pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=jaguarundi&br=HEAD
>
> Looks like that animal uses Python 3.4. Python 3.3 and newer versions
> default to using a random seed for hashing objects into dicts which
> makes the order of dict elements random; see
> https://docs.python.org/3/using/cmdline.html#cmdoption-R

Ah, good catch. That explains the, well, randomness. I can reproduce
the test failures with PYTHONHASHSEED=2.

But I haven't been successful getting that environment variable set so
that it works in the installcheck case. Instead, I have rewritten the
tests to use asserts instead of textual comparisons. See attached
patch. Comments?

Attachment Content-Type Size
hstore-plpython-test.patch text/x-diff 3.2 KB