Re: Sync Rep for 2011CF1

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Aidan Van Dyk <aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Sync Rep for 2011CF1
Date: 2011-02-09 19:01:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Feb 9, 2011, at 10:56 AM, Robert Haas wrote:

>> “Listen up, bitches! I'm tired of Tom and me having to do all the work. All of you who submitted patches need to review some other patches! If you haven't submitted a review for someone else's patch by commitfest end, your patches will be marked "returned."”
>>
>> Then maybe cuff Jeff or Alvaro or someone, to show you mean business.
>
> That tends not to get a lot of community support, and it isn't my
> intention anyway. We actually do not need to impose a draconian rule;
> we just need everyone to put in a little extra effort to get us over
> the hump.

Agreed. Let me remove my tongue from my cheek.

> But speaking of that, I just so happen to notice you haven't signed up
> to review any patches this CF. How about grabbing one or tw

ha ha! Alas, I'm completely overcommitted at this point. Been having a hard time making time for PGXN. I've been tracking the extension stuff closely, though, as you can imagine.

Looking at the patches without reviewers anyway, frankly none look like the sorts of things I have the expertise to test in any but the most superficial way. Are there more that should have the reviewer removed? If there were one I could give a couple of hours to and speak with some knowledge, I could fix up some time next week.

Best,

David