Re: Missing importing option of postgres_fdw

From: Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Missing importing option of postgres_fdw
Date: 2015-05-14 10:37:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> On 2015/04/30 2:10, Robert Haas wrote:

>>> I agree. I don't think there's a huge problem with allowing IMPORT
>>> FOREIGN SCHEMA to return ALTER FOREIGN TABLE statements, but it
>>> doesn't really seem to be necessary. I don't see why we can't just
>>> declare the CHECK constraints in the CREATE FOREIGN TABLE statement
>>> instead of adding more DDL.

On second thought, I noticed that as for this option, we cannot live
without allowing IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA to return ALTER FOREIGN TABLE
statements because we cannot declare the convalidated information in the
CREATE FOREIGN TABLE statement. So, I think we shoould also allow it to
return ALTER FOREIGN TABLE statements. Am I right?

Comments welcome.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita