meson and tmp_install

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: meson and tmp_install
Date: 2022-12-20 12:12:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Yesterday when testing a patch I got annoyed when my test failed. I
tested it like this:

meson test ldap_password_func/001_mutated_bindpasswd

It turned out that I needed to do this:

meson test tmp_install ldap_password_func/001_mutated_bindpasswd

The Makefile equivalent ensures that you have a tmp_install without
having to request to explicitly. It would be nice if we could make meson
do the same thing, and also honor NO_TEMP_INSTALL if set.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan