PostGres DBA Position available

From: Meghan Mckeown <mmckeown(at)wingspan(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Troy Deck (Wingspan)" <tdeck(at)wingspan(dot)com>
Subject: PostGres DBA Position available
Date: 2012-09-25 13:56:30
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Hello,

I wish to have the following job description posted to your mailing list.
Can you please confirm? It is a Philadelphia based position, if you target
your lists geographically. Let me know if there is anything else I can do!

Thanks,

Meghan

PostgreSQL DBA

Wingspan Technology, Inc. has an opportunity for an experienced senior
level Postgres DBA to join our team. We are moving our software to a SaaS
model and need a strong DBA to join our team of expert engineering and
operations professionals. Wingspan is a leading software company
servicing the Life Sciences industry. Our software is 9 of the Top 10
Pharmaceutical companies, and we are aggressively expanding towards a
larger client base. Located just outside Philadelphia, Wingspan provides
a relaxed atmosphere with a team of highly intelligent and dedicated
professionals. To work with the best, apply today.

The DBA will work on PostgreSQL performance tuning, administration,
backups, scripting and processing data, data warehousing, and lead
redundancy, replication and availability strategies. The DBA works
collaboratively with other members of the Dev/Ops team and software
engineering to
implement DB availability options to address 4 nines SLA.

Responsibilities

* Linux shell scripting (perl scripting, & other)
* Designing, Implementing, tuning, managing, monitoring, &
troubleshooting.
* Implement and maintain disaster recovery plans for critical
production databases and applications

Qualifications

* B.S. degree in computer science & Expert knowledge of PostgreSQL
* PostGres 8.x & 9.x experience.
* Must have 5+ years of PostgreSQL administration, SQL,
performance tuning in a customer facing production environment
(24x7x365) with increasingly complex DBA assignments meeting the 24x7
operational requirements.
* Strong domain experience in PostgreSQL tools & Unix/Linux.
* Very Strong SQL knowledge.
* Worked in a customer facing SaaS production environment 24x7x365
* Ability to work independently is a must.
* Communication skills in both oral and written English.
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of DB scoping,
profiling, scaling and fault tolerant operation
* Experienced with disciplined DBA methodologies including
development and operational considerations

Core Competencies

* Passionate about enterprise class database construction
deployment and operation, openness to learning new ways of thinking
and doing (helping us evaluate NoSql and other new technologies)

How to Apply

Please submit your resume via our website: www.wingspan.com/careers.
Please note that at
this time we are not considering candidates that will require employer
sponsorship to work in the United States. No calls from
recruiters/agencies please.

*Meghan McKeown*

Sales and Marketing Associate

Wingspan Technology