Re: 8.0 Beta3 worked, RC1 didn't!

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "A(dot) Mous" <a(dot)mous(at)shaw(dot)ca>
Cc: "'Magnus Hagander'" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.0 Beta3 worked, RC1 didn't!
Date: 2004-12-22 17:48:09
Lists: pgsql-general

"A. Mous" <a(dot)mous(at)shaw(dot)ca> writes:
> I didn't change the SSL settings from default, so I believe it should not be
> using it.

Nope, the default libpq behavior is "prefer SSL", so it will try an SSL
connection first ... if it is compiled to support SSL, which I believe
was not true in the beta3 windows release but is true in later releases.

Right at the moment I'm not convinced this is an SSL issue at all, it's
just that the connection failure occurs while we're asking the server if
it wants to do SSL. You can try
export PGSSLMODE=disable
before running psql and see how the behavior changes, but I suspect it
will still fail.