Re: Replication identifiers, take 4

From: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Steve Singer <steve(at)ssinger(dot)info>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Replication identifiers, take 4
Date: 2015-03-24 21:22:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 24/03/15 16:33, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's the next version of this patch. I've tried to address the biggest
> issue (documentation) and some more. Now that both the more flexible
> commit WAL record format and the BKI_FORCE_NOT_NULL thing is in, it
> looks much cleaner.

Nice, I see you also did the more close integration with CommitTs. I
only skimmed the patch but so far and it looks quite good, I'll take
closer look around end of the week.

> I'd greatly appreciate some feedback on the documentation. I'm not
> entirely sure into how much detail to go; and where exactly in the docs
> to place it. I do wonder if we shouldn't merge this with the logical
> decoding section and whether we could also document commit timestamps
> somewhere in there.

Perhaps we should have some Logical replication developer documentation
section and put all those three as subsections of that?