Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Gavin Flower <GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz>, Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>, Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?
Date: 2015-03-21 19:48:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 03/21/2015 12:45 PM, Gavin Flower wrote:

> How about 2 config files?
>
> One marked adult^H^H^H^H^H power users only, or some such, with the
> really dangerous or unusual options?

That has come up before in many threads. I don't know that we need to go
down that path again. Consider, power users don't need a separate
config. They can create their own or use alter system.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/ 503-667-4564
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc

Now I get it: your service is designed for a customer
base that grew up with Facebook, watches Japanese seizure
robot anime, and has the attention span of a gnat.
I'm not that user., "Tyler Riddle"