Re: SELECT documentation

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Joel Jacobson <joel(at)compiler(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SELECT documentation
Date: 2022-08-14 02:21:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hi, I agree we should show the more modern JOIN sytax. However, this is
> just an example, so one example should be sufficient. I went with the
> first one in the attached patch.

You should not remove the CROSS JOIN mention at l. 604, first because
the references to it just below would become odd, and second because
then it's not explained anywhere on the page. Perhaps you could
put back a definition of CROSS JOIN just below the entry for NATURAL,
but you'll still have to do something with the references at l. 614,
628, 632.

Also, doesn't "[ AS join_using_alias ]" apply to NATURAL and CROSS
joins? You've left that out of the syntax summary.