Re: recovery_target_action doesn't work for anything but shutdown

From: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: recovery_target_action doesn't work for anything but shutdown
Date: 2015-03-13 14:06:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 12/03/15 15:53, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2015-03-12 15:52:02 +0100, Andres Freund wrote:
>> I guess what you actually intended to test was StandbyModeRequested?
>
> Err, EnableHotStandby.

Yeah pause does not work currently. This change was made by committer
and I think the intended change was to make it a little safer by
silently changing to shutdown instead of silently changing to promote
which is essentially what was happening before the patch.

But yes the check should have been against EnableHotStandby it seems.