Re: GUC for temporarily disabling event triggers

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Mikhail Gribkov <youzhick(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GUC for temporarily disabling event triggers
Date: 2023-04-03 13:15:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 3 Apr 2023, at 15:09, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Apr 3, 2023 at 8:46 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:
>> All comments above addressed in the attached v5, thanks for review!
>
> I continue to think it's odd that the sense of this is inverted as
> compared with row_security.

I'm not sure I follow. Do you propose that the GUC enables classes of event
triggers, the default being "all" (or similar) and one would remove the type of
EVT for which debugging is needed? That doesn't seem like a bad idea, just one
that hasn't come up in the discussion (and I didn't think about).

--
Daniel Gustafsson