Limiting records in pg_dump

From: "Arnold, Sandra" <ArnoldS(at)osti(dot)gov>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Limiting records in pg_dump
Date: 2009-07-31 17:27:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there a way to just dump records equal to a specific value using pg_dump? In Oracle, you can export data and use a WHERE clause and only pull a range of data. We currently use this in Oracle to load data sets in our Development database. As we move to PostgreSQL we will be wanting to do the same thing. If we cannot do it using the pg_dump command, I will need to find a work around.

Thanks,

Sandra