Re: Reformatting the FDW wiki page

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Reformatting the FDW wiki page
Date: 2015-02-18 11:55:54
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Done :
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Foreign%20data%20wrappers?nocache=1

If you're a FDW author, please read take a few seconds to read this page
and modify it if necessary.

If you're not a FDW author, you can also help ! Just go to the "TO DO"
section, pick up a link, check the FDW and put in the right place on the
page:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Foreign_data_wrappers?nocache=1#TO_DO

For the record, there's now more than 70 Foreign Data Wrappers listed on
this page. To me, it shows clearly that PostgreSQL has more connectors
to external data than any other storage system. Not sure how we can
communicate about this but it's a clear advantage.

In fact, if you look at it this way : Oracle introduced DBLINK years ago
and DB2 implemented SQL/MED very early too. In the other hand, FDW
appeared in PostgreSQL in 2011 and we're already way ahead of everyone :)