Re: Sequence Access Method WIP

From: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Sequence Access Method WIP
Date: 2015-02-18 01:59:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 17/02/15 23:11, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 1:40 PM, Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>> sending new version that is updated along the lines of what we discussed at
>> FOSDEM, which means:
>>
>> - back to single bytea amdata column (no custom columns)

Well, the main argument is still future possibility of moving into
single table for storage. And when we discussed about it in person we
agreed that there is not too big advantage in having separate columns
since there need to be dump/restore state interfaces anyway so you can
see the relevant state via those as we made the output more human
readable (and the psql support reflects that).