Re: Tuning the configuration

From: Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: Eric Pierce <epierce(at)saasmadeeasy(dot)com>, Evgeniy Shishkin <itparanoia(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrea Suisani <sickpig(at)opinioni(dot)net>
Cc: "mfatticcioni(at)mbigroup(dot)it" <mfatticcioni(at)mbigroup(dot)it>, "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tuning the configuration
Date: 2014-12-12 00:04:19
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 12/12/14 11:36, Eric Pierce wrote:

> [...]

Mind you wal is a little different - the limiting factor is (usually)
not raw sequential speed but fsync latency. These days a modern SSD has
fsync response pretty much equal to that of a card with BBU + spinners -
and has "more" high speed storage available (cards usually have only a
1G or so of RAM on them).

regards

Mark