Re: Performance

From: "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
To: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, "LuisH" <luish(at)lh(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Performance
Date: 2004-06-24 07:26:30
Lists: pgsql-general

It isn't always that simple. What if you need to find them by date?
What if you need to search by title among millions of them. Often (as
well) file systems slow down when you put hundreds of thousands or
millions of files in a directory.

Database is preferrable if you want to use SQL syntax to search for the
blobs based upon criteria.

If you have a small number of static things, then files are better.