Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review

From: Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)BlueTreble(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review
Date: 2014-10-16 06:27:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 10/15/14, 12:22 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> BACKUP:
> pg_start_backup()
> pg_stop_backup()
> pg_switch_xlog()
> pg_create_restore_point()

It seems odd to me that this (presumably) supports PITR but not pg_dump*. I realize that most folks probably don't use pg_dump for actual backups, but I think it is very common to use it to produce schema-only (maybe with data from a few tables as well) dumps for developers. I've certainly wished I could offer that ability without going full-blown super-user.