Re: query visibility - trigger order - bug?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: SZŰCS Gábor <surrano(at)mailbox(dot)hu>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, TIR(at)yahoogroups(dot)com
Subject: Re: query visibility - trigger order - bug?
Date: 2002-11-26 04:14:47
Lists: pgsql-general

"=?iso-8859-2?B?U1rbQ1MgR+Fib3I=?=" <surrano(at)mailbox(dot)hu> writes:
> I know that order of triggers on the same event are undetermined in psql7.2,
> but this case is not about that (I think). Also, the mail may seem to be
> long, but it is probably enough to read the abstract. Please read on.

> I don't know if it's a bug in 7.2.1 or it's a concept I should know about.

I believe the issue here has to do with when query snapshots get frozen.
This is something we've mucked about with repeatedly --- 7.2 is
different from either 7.1 or 7.3, IIRC. But I'm not sure if 7.3 fixes
your problem or not. Would you be willing to boil down your example into
a self-contained test case that we could run to study the behavior?