Postgres file structure doubt

From: mailtolouis2020-postgres(at)yahoo(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres file structure doubt
Date: 2007-11-19 17:24:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everyone,

Got a doubt in my setup, please correct me if I'm wrong.

In my postgres setup,
/usr/local/pgsql (where postgres install)
/usr/local/pgsql/data (PGDATA)
/database/pg/mydata (tablespace which use for all the table I create)
/database/pg/myindex (index which use for all the table I create)

1) In this setup, the actual user data are store in PGDATA
the table structure & index are store in /database/pg/mydata & /database/pg/myindex

Am I correct?

2) So to backup (not pg_dump), I should make sure it include these 2 folder right?
/usr/local/pgsql/data
/database/pg/

3) I think my setup is not quite right, I should move the PGDATA to /database/pg right?

Regards
Louis