Re: replacing jsonb field value

From: Glyn Astill <glynastill(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: replacing jsonb field value
Date: 2015-05-30 21:45:08
Lists: pgsql-general

----- Original Message -----

Prior to 9.5 you can't, I think you have to use something like jsonb_each to unwrap it then wrap it back up again.

The jsonbx extension, which I believe is what ended up in 9.5 has a simple concatenate function (here: https://github.com/erthalion/jsonbx), I also had a go (here: https://github.com/glynastill/pg_jsonb_opx).