JDBC: "transaction aborted"

From: Pif <fjspam(at)laposte(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC: "transaction aborted"
Date: 2010-08-31 15:50:47
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello,

I use a connection pool (autocommit disabled). In some action servlet
of my website, I have "begin" and commit/rollback commands.
All work well.

But in my JSP page, when a select fail with JDBC exception, then I
cannot retry because of this exception :
"ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block"

So, since I only do select and I do not declare a begin statement, why
is there a transaction !? how can I choose that I don't want
transactions out of a begin/commit/roolback context !?

Thanks a lot.

PG 8.4