Re: Pgpool starting problem

From: Jay at Verizon <jayknowsunix(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pgpool starting problem
Date: 2014-09-15 17:43:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Problem has been solved utilizing tcpdump which revealed that the standbys were not trying to contact the primary server, although they each were contacting the other standby. From
this, we determined that a minor typographical error was present in the pgpool.conf file. The setting under the watchdog section for other_hostname0 was correct, and other required
settings for that entry were also correct, but had somehow been commented out. The log file was not very revealing, and finding one badly inserted "#" in a 647 line file was
problematic to say the least.