Re: BUG #14662: 'has_table_privilege()' function fails with error, "invalid name syntax" when using Japanese symbols

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Justin Muise <JMuise(at)esri(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #14662: 'has_table_privilege()' function fails with error, "invalid name syntax" when using Japanese symbols
Date: 2017-05-19 17:44:28
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Justin Muise <JMuise(at)esri(dot)com> writes:
> Thank you for your quick response! Please see the attached image.

Hm. If I'm reading that correctly, you've got encoding set to UTF8
but the OS is going to think the encoding is WIN1252, which will likely
affect the behavior of isspace(), which'd successfully break this
function. I'm not sure how the system allowed you to do that.

I wonder though whether it wouldn't be better for SplitIdentifierString
to use scanner_isspace() rather than isspace(). That would cause it
to not treat things like &nbsp; as whitespace, but maybe that's OK.