Re : import from csv

From: Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: David BOCCOU <DBOCCOU(at)odaxys(dot)fr>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re : import from csv
Date: 2007-04-03 17:00:56
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi David,

I have not seen any replied to that ... so here I go.

No, there's no other option than psql AFAIK when using the COPY order with the data in the same file (COPY ... FROM STDIN).
Dave explained before, that COPY uses the console and the PG Admin III edit tool is not a console app but a window app.

But if you use a file and that file is on your PG server you can use the syntax,
COPY my_table FROM '/home/me/data/my_file.csv' CSV;

That will work but you will need to have the file on the same machine as the Postgres Server (that's why I put a Unix file name but that will work on Windows too).

Have fun,
L(at)u
The Computing Froggy