Re: Workaround for bug #4608?

From: "Obe, Regina" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "Robert Campbell" <rrc7cz(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Workaround for bug #4608?
Date: 2009-04-22 16:07:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers pgsql-novice

Bruce,
I doubt a normal install would work but perhaps might be worth trying.
As I recall the situation at least in my case
I would explicitly add full permission with a bunch of accounts to the
folder and then when I reran the PostgreSQL install, the installer
insisted on removing most of those permissions including the postgres
account.

So its almost like sometimes the installer shoots itself in the foot by
removing its own access to the folder so that it can't even install. But
why this happens only sometimes I have no clue.

Like I said on all the servers here I tested all exhibit the same odd
behavior, but my windows xp box which is also on the same windows 2003
domain network but uses a local postgres account doesn't run into this
issue.

I've installed on lots of standalone windows servers even windows 2008
without any issue.

Thanks,
Regina