Re: REALLY stupid question

From: "Obe, Regina" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
To: "Rebecca Jones" <rmj0nes(at)yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: REALLY stupid question
Date: 2009-01-29 15:56:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

> Now that I've installed version 8.3.4 on my WinXP HP laptop, how do I
interface with the RDBMS? > I know how to start and stop the server,
even without really knowing what I'm doing thereby.
> But when I activate the SQL command window I'm faced with having to
supply several parameters > that I don't recall setting and haven't a
clue why I'd need to set them, i.e. "server", "port", > etc. I can live
without a hand-holding interface like Access provides, but I need a
little
> middle ground here - what's the application I should be using to
create, load, etc. DBs?

Rebecca,

Have you tried PgAdmin III. I think it gets installed as part of
Windows install, but if per chance it doesn't, you can find it here

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin3/release/v1.8.4/win32/

Hope that helps,
Regina