Re: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXIST

From: "Obe, Regina" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
To: "Mike Gagnon" <mike(dot)gagnon(at)bellnet(dot)ca>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXIST
Date: 2008-01-25 15:03:48
Lists: pgsql-odbc

IF NOT EXISTS(SELECT tablename FROM pg_catalog.pg_tables WHERE tablename
= 'mytable')

IF NOT EXISTS(SELECT table_name FROM information_schema.tables where
table_name = 'mytable')

Maybe the problem you are having is a permissions problem though. Are
you using the same account in psql as you are in ODBC?

Hope that helps,
Regina