Re: pgAgent on workstation/client

From: "Obe, Regina" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
To: "Milan Cirovic" <mine(dot)bones(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAgent on workstation/client
Date: 2007-12-24 12:56:36
Lists: pgsql-novice

I think the docs are kind of confusing.

1) You should install pgagent in the database which is marked as the
maintenance db. This is usually the database called postgres.
2) Then set the service to use that db.
pgAgent jobs checked to display.
4) Once you refresh your PgAdmin III or exit and come back in - you
should see a section called Jobs ().. Note this does not appear inside
any specific database - it usually appears after Databases and
Tablespaces.

Hope that helps,
Regina