Re: building pdfs

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: building pdfs
Date: 2014-07-26 23:44:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 07/26/2014 06:44 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Yes, I did that and generated a PDF, but I got an enormous number of
>> errors or warnings. See
>> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/9n4hhijin3qn8mw/postgres-US.log> for example.
> If they're things like "overfull hbox" from the TeX step, they're
> expected.

That's rather sad. How would we find out that something has actually
gone wrong, short of it failing to write a PDF altogether? Searching
through 204,000 lines of output doesn't sound like fun.

There are lots of these:

Package Fancyhdr Warning: \fancyhead's `E' option without twoside
option is use
less on input line 83877.

and quite a few overfull hboxes that are more than 72pt too wide.

cheers

andrew