json_object vs empty string keys

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: json_object vs empty string keys
Date: 2014-07-21 15:37:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

For some reason, or possibly just through my carelessness and for no
real reason, json_object() currently disallows empty strings as object
keys. However silly empty string keys might be, they are apparently
allowed by the JSON rfcs, and this behaviour by json_object() is
inconsistent with what the json parser and other json generating
functions allow, so I propose to remove the restriction, unless I hear
any objections.

cheers

andrew