Re: pgsql: Allow configurable LZ4 TOAST compression.

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <rhaas(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Allow configurable LZ4 TOAST compression.
Date: 2021-03-20 01:35:32
Lists: pgsql-committers

On 3/19/21 3:37 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> Allow configurable LZ4 TOAST compression.

Looks like this has run into the heuristic in the buildfarm's cross
version upgrade module. This allows for up to 2000 lines of diff between
the dumps of the original and upgraded database. This has blown out by a
large number of diffs like this:

 CREATE TABLE "MySchema"."Foo" (
     f1 integer NOT NULL,
-    f2 text NOT NULL,
-    f3 text[]
+    f2 text COMPRESSION pglz NOT NULL,
+    f3 text[] COMPRESSION pglz
 );

Both dumps are made with the new version, so I'm not quite sure how I
should fix it. Maybe if it's an older version I should use the
--no-toast-compression argument, but it doesn't look like it's been
added to pg_dumpall unless I'm missing something.

cheers

andrew

--

Andrew Dunstan