imprecise pg_basebackup documentation about excluded files

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: imprecise pg_basebackup documentation about excluded files
Date: 2014-05-10 01:33:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The pg_basebackup documentation says that only regular files and
directories are "allowed" in the data directory. But it is more correct
that any other files are skipped. Attached is a patch to correct that.
I also added a link to the protocol documentation and added more
details there, also about pg_replslot handling. Not sure exactly how
much detail we want to document, but it seems reasonable to make it
complete if we provide a list at all.

Attachment Content-Type Size
basebackup-files-doc.patch text/x-patch 2.1 KB