Re: Sending out a request for more buildfarm animals?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Sending out a request for more buildfarm animals?
Date: 2014-05-04 19:35:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andres,

> There's pretty little coverage of non mainstream platforms/compilers in
> the buildfarm atm. Maybe we should send an email on -announce asking for
> new ones?
> There's no coverage for OS-wise;
> * AIX (at all)
> * HP-UX (for master at least)
> (* Tru64)
> (* UnixWare)

Do we want a SmartOS (opensolaris/Joyent) animal? Do we already have one?

> Architecture wise there's no coverage for:
> * some ARM architecture varians

I could run a buildfarm animal on a Raspberry Pi if the Postgres
community will replace my flash cards as they burn out.

> * mips
> * s390/x
> * sparc 32bit

Do we really care about sparc 32bit at this point? You're talking a
10-year-old machine, there.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.