Escape double-quotes in text[]?

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: 'PostgreSQL' <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Escape double-quotes in text[]?
Date: 2014-04-29 21:10:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

Probably a silly question, but I'm having trouble figuring out the
answer... if I'm constructing an string representation of a value to go
into a text[] column, and one of the text literals includes
double-quotes, do I need to escape the literal?

For example, can I insert something like this into a text[] column
directly? -

'{"abc", "de"f"}'

Or would I need to do this? -

E'{"abc", "de"f"}'

....or something different again? I'm doing this from PHP via the Zend
framework (v.1) if it makes any difference.

Thanks,

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland