DISCARD ALL (Again)

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DISCARD ALL (Again)
Date: 2014-04-17 20:44:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

Over at my quaint establishment we have been working on some plython
work that makes use of GD. We wrote this code with the assumption (per
the docs) that when you issued a DISCARD ALL, the GD would be cleared.
Apparently this is not the case. The docs themselves are clearly wrong,
and this has been brought up before multiple times (that DISCARD ALL
doesn't do what people think it does).

Does it seem reasonable based on the docs:

DISCARD ALL:

Releases all temporary resources associated with the current session and
resets the session to its initial state.

That we should also release the GD?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--